Monday, April 27, 2009

25 cents



Have you ever stumbled upon a 5 peso coin? Most of the people would pick it up and say it's there lucky day but if that 5 peso coin is a quarter will you still pick it up? i guess not. I've noticed these days that most of the people are ignoring 5 cents, 10 cents, and 25 cents. seems like they don't know the value of a quarter. My father once told me that in there time. 25 cents can buy you a bottle of coke, a hamburger, and guess what? you can still put some change in your piggy bank. The amazing 25 cents that displayed it's shine in the past is now being ignored.

"What can you buy with 25 cents?" - a friend

I maybe one of those people who ignores 25 cents as a value for use. I mean, 25 cents nowadays really can't buy you anything but I was naive about the fact that everything started small. Four 25 cents is equivalent to 1 peso. That means if you save four 25 cents for the whole year. You can get 365 pesos worth of 25 cents. It is not that big though but the value 365 pesos is enough for a sumptuous meal at KFC, Watching a movie with popcorn and drinks, A snack at Jollibee after the movie, and a spare change for future use. So why not have your own collection of 25 cents?


"everything in the world starts small"

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thought. Admittedly, I get embarrassed to Mamang Tricycle Driver when I pay my fare with at most P2 worth of 25 cents. And I have never used 10 and 5 cents, ever in my entire life. Lol.

    It makes me think, if I'm able to save P365 worth of a quarter, then I might also want to shock the restaurateurs by paying my bill all with cents!! Hahaha But I think 25c is only legal tender up to P50 or less. Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @samara

    imagine the faces of the waiters after you pulled out a big jar full of 25 cents.. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I could imagine their shocked faces and could almost read their minds saying, "Is she poor or is she just plainly naive?" Well, it's a nice thought and if only I got the guts, I would have done it as a prank. Great for April's Fool I guess. But that day has already passed. Lol

    ReplyDelete